- Please return all China books to the front of the room and sign them back in.
- JOURNAL TOPIC (15 minutes): First go to this link and read about the Chinese Exclusion Act: http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/chinese-exclusion-acts TOPIC: DO YOU THINK AMERICANS DESERVED THE RIGHT TO TURN CHINESE IMMIGRANTS AWAY? USE INFORMATION FROM THE LINK TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION USING R.A.S.C. FORMAT.
- As a class, read the next 5 pages of In the Year of the Boar & Jackie Robinson. Discuss the main idea and parts that interested you. .
- Make sure all China Research Papers & Ancestor Albums are completed and ready to hand in. Your China Research Paper must have: a Table of Contents,Glossary, pictures with captions, and a bibliography (extra bibliography sheets can be found in the blue paper hanger in front of the room), cover page & page numbers.
- Work on center work. Be sure to put everything back in your center folders when you finish.
- If you finish, you may take one of the immigration books on the guided reading table and buddy read with a partner. Answer the questions in the back of the books on yellow paper.
- No one may borrow my thumb drives. Please ask another student if they can share theirs.
- HOMEWORK: research 5 other facts about the Chinese Exclusion Act and be prepared to present tomorrow in class. Please do this assignment in your Social Studies notebook.
- Please go to the Social Studies Blog for your SS period work.